It’s that time of year when all of the Creator’s children start gearing up for the “holiday” season. Shoppers are filling their carts with traditional thanksgiving dinner ingredients. Turkeys are stuffed. Pies are baked. Some of us might even remember to be thankful for what we have.
Being thankful one day a year, is a START, but opening your heart and being mindful of your blessings everyday….living a life of gratitude… is an even greater and more touching experience.
Gratitude is a conscious way of living. You bring yourself to an awareness that there are things in your life that are truly “gifts” from something greater than yourself. I find that listing things that I am truly grateful for every morning, is a good way of keeping myself mindful of them. I don’t always list many, (although some days I do) but as I list them, I feel truly grateful for them.
A few things that I always am grateful for:
- That I was brought safely through the night and was allowed another day in paradise.
- The gift of music to the world.
- All of the love that exists in my world.
- The healing power of the human touch.
- The paid for roof over my head. 🙂