This is just a quick little blog before I have to go to work this morning, but I have something to share…
For those of you that don’t know me well, I journal everyday…and I try to always do it first thing in the morning, so that I can get all of the crap out of my head and start the day fresh. It has been my habit now for several months to list at least five things that I am grateful for every day. Easy enough, but today my thought process made that “quantum leap”.
It is not enough to be grateful for things you LIKE…but the trick is to find something grateful in the things we find difficult, or stressful, or even irritating. So here is my list today.
1. I am grateful for the winter. Even though it has never been my favorite season, it is a time of beauty and introspection.
2. I am grateful for living alone. Even though it is difficult to come home to an empty house, the solitude allows me time to develop as an artist and to do things in my own time frame.
3. I am thankful of a certain person who reminds me to not be so critical of others and to strive for improvement.
4. I am thankful of another certain person who reminds me to be appreciative of diversity.
5. And lastly..I am thankful for another certain person who reminds me that I have a good life and that there are others less fortunate.
So that is my new goal…to embrace the things that frustrate me…and to find grace and beauty in those moments as well.